We always knew sex ed in middle school didn’t teach us everything (or even close to it, let’s be honest) — but after reading all these crazy facts, we think that class needs a complete overhaul.
From the art of the female orgasm to STIs and condoms, here are 50 sexual truths that will fascinate, entertain and undoubtedly educate you.
How many of these did you actually know?
1. We automatically perceive people who smell good as more attractive.
2. Ginger stimulates the feelings of excitement associated with sex. Eating ginger elevates your heart rate, gets your blood flowing and gets you excited for the night ahead.
3. A study found that men feel more emotional pain after a breakup than women do.
4. It’s official: This study shows that men and women cannot be just friends.
5. Some people consider sperm to be an antiaging treatment, as it has a tightening effect on the skin.
6. Sleep-deprived men are more likely to believe women want to have sex with them. This is not a joke.
7. People who are into kinkier sex may be psychologically healthier.